Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Strawberry Jam Squares

 With the yucky weather outside (we're on Day 3 of School Shutdown because of Snow storm) I make myself cozy indoors and start the baking.

This recipe came from one of my favourite aunties.  I have great memories of going to her house and eating plateful square after square these.  They are yummy!!




Strawberry Jam Squares

2 cups of white Flour
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 Crisco Shortening (or any brand you have)
2 eggs
Jam of your choice ( I love Strawberry)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl fork beat the eggs.  Add the dry ingredients.  Cut in the Shortening.

In a prepared 9x13 pan, press into the bottom of 2/3 of mixture, reserving the 1/3 for crumbly top.

Spread the strawberry jam over top (light layer)

Crumble rest of mixture on top and bake in oven for 20 minutes.

Let cool and cut into squares.

These freeze really well.  Perfect for the Christmas season!

Enjoy!!

I'm linking up.

5 Dollar Dinners
Tasty Tuesday
Little Blue Prints : Cookie Exchange
Life as Mom: Ultimate Recipe Exchange
Fingerprints on the Fridge

2 comments:

LoriD said...

Yum. I'll have to try these.

Megan said...

These look so yummy! My kids will love them! They love anything with strawberry jam! Thanks for linking up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails