Monday, November 1, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: Week of November 1

{ Reminder to Canadian Readers: Join Shaklee for FREE in November! }


Happy November!

I am going to try really really hard this month to empty out my deep freezer and fridge freezer this month!

Why you ask?

Well, I like to start the New Year off fresh!
(plus I need to save money for Christmas :) by lowering my grocery bill)

So this is what I have planned this week.
I'm linking up here

----->  (I will need to make my own Breadcrumbs)

Tuesday: Pasta & Home made Beefy Sauce (recipe below)

Wednesday:  Pasta e Fagioli Soup
------> (will use the Home made sauce to subsitute for the steps 1-3 and adding broth last too)

Thursday: S.'s 12 th Birthday dinner - Sheppard's Pie (her request)!

Friday:  Still working on Free Pizza from freezer

Saturday: leftovers

Sunday:  Roast beef

My Homemade Beefy Pasta Sauce


Splash of Olive oil
1-2 garlic cloves minced
1 onion diced
1- 2 pounds of ground beef
1-2 carrots grated
1 red pepper sliced
2 - 3 cans of ground/crushed tomatoes
1-2 leaves of fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil.
1-2 bay leaves
Salt & pepper to taste
(I sometimes sprinkle hot pepper flakes for extra oooomph)

Directions:

  • heat olive oil, add onion and garlic until browned.
  • add the ground beef and brown
  • add the carrots and red pepper slices and cook for a couple of minutes pour in crushed tomatoes add spices and boil over low heat for about 30 minutes or so .
I usually fill up 2 to 3 of my 2 cup containers for the freezer and leave about 1 cups worth in the pot. And then I make pasta in a separate pot and when cooked and drained, I dump it right into the pot of sauce and mix it around. It soaks up all the sauce. And then sprinkle parmesan cheese right into the pot and mix it.


Let me know what you are making this week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails