Monday, July 19, 2010

My First Award

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  My daughter H ended up spraining her wrist while out walking dog.

Also, I got my first award last week from The Pleasures of My Life.

Thanks, Kerri!!


The rules for this award are as follows:


1. Thank the person who gave you the award

2. Share 7 things about yourself.

3. Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs.

4. Let your nominees know about their award.

So here we go with 7 things about MOI:
  1. I'm a huge Elvis Presley fan and for a long time I was convinced he was alive (he's probably dead now though, he died in hiding).
  2. I didn't start eating salad (lettuce) until I was 22 years old, and now I pretty much eat it everyday.
  3. When I was little (under the age of 8) I had a REAL Pet lamb. 
  4. I was once lost for 11 hours in a snowstorm on my first day of school in Canada.  (I was 8 and didn't speak English).
  5. I didn't learn to swim until I was 30 and it took me a year of lessons to learn.
  6. When I was 22 I weighed 92 lbs and now not so much.
  7. I can crochet and have crocheted since I was 8 years old.
I'd like to pass this award on to the following blogs:

The Magic Brush Inc.
Domestic Fashionista
Serenity Now
Life in the Fun Lane
Musings of a Housewife
Not the Mother of the Year
The Thrifty Gypsy
Enjoying the Small Things
MLE's ABC
Melissa's Heart and Home
Adventures in Decorating
I heart Naptime w/Chocolate Sundaes
Inside BruCrew Life
Right at Home
Sense and Simplicity

Can't wait to read 7 things about you all.  Have a great day!

6 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Bette thank you very much! You are so sweet to think of me as one of your friends to pass on this award. I really appreciate it.

Thank you for your kind visit as well! ~Melissa :)

mle said...

Hi Bette! I'm oh.so.honored that you would pass this award to me! Looking at your list I'm amazed at the awesomeness of this group! Thanks so much : ) happy monday!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Thanks so much, Bette! :) It was really cool to read more about you...how cool that you had a pet lamb! Thanks for the visit. :)

LoriD said...

Thanks Bette! I loved reading your '7 Things'. #4 is heartbreaking: Welcome to Canada!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Congrats on your award!! I love reading random facts about other bloggers. Both of my daughters are going crochet-crazy this summer. I remember learning it as a kid and loving it too.

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Thank you so much for passing the award on to me - you are so sweet. I kept forgetting to write and thank you as my mind has been deep into painting (must be the paint fumes) and not much else.

Interesting facts about you - rather alarming about being lost in a snow storm for 11 hours. That is a story that could have had a bad ending.

Thanks again and so sorry for not having responded earlier.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails