Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Keeping track of open Containers in your Fridge/Pantry

Do you ever look in your fridge and wonder when it was that you opened a jar/bottle?  How long as it been sitting there?  Now, I'm not talking about containers with cooked food, I'm talking about the ketchup, chutney, pesto, cookies, flour, etc.  I know, I know.  They all have best before dates, but I personally think the best before date changes after it's been opened.  What about the pantry?  Does some cereal hang around forever sometimes? So here's my tip...

Use one of these... 

Just add the "Opened-on date" to your package and there is no more guessing about when you actually opened it.

I use my sharpie as well to date packages that end up in the freezer.  Sometimes it has smudged a little, but it don't really matter to me.  I'm not that picky.

How do you keep track of your opened packages?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails