Friday, January 1, 2010

Good Bye 2009... Hello 2010!!

It's here!  It's here! 2010 is here!

I've been looking forward to end of 2009 for a while now.  It was not a particularly good year for me.  Of course it had many fun and exciting times, but it will be the sad ones that I will associate with 2009.

In 2009, I did some travelling (Las Vegas, New York, Portugal -twice, Collingwood - 4 times, etc.). 

I had some fun and exciting times - I was my sister's matron of honour for her wedding, found out was going to be an aunty for the first time - twice.  My brother and his wife gave birth to my gorgeous nephew Gabriel in October and my sister  is expecting her first child... soon.  Unfortunately my nephew lives in Portugal so I don't get to see him.


I also had some sadness.  My beloved dog of 13 years Muskoka died on October 24.  He truly was part of the family.  For a few days weeks afterwards I swear I could still hear the tip-tap of his paws on the floor.  I cried when I opened the back door to the backyard, remembering how many times before I had done that to let him out.  I cried when I saw someone walk their dog down the street.  I left his bed lying in our family room for over a month... cause I couldn't bear to say good bye. His blanket is still on our bedroom floor.  I've gotten better but I still miss him... alot.

In 2009 we welcomed a few new pets into our home too.  The girls both got new hamsters in July: Rosie and Daisy.  Unfortunately Rosie died in her sleep December 23.  But Daisy is still spinning her wheels!  And I can't forget Booky... our 7 year old Maine Coon cat.  He is a rescue cat that came into our home beginning of December. He is a little leery of kids (poor thing... we have three of them).  He comes out when he KNOWS the kids have all gone to bed.  He is getting better though. My sister gave him to us as a family Christmas gift. (of course I told her it was ok.)

Funny that 365 days can pretty much be summarized in a few paragraphs.

I have many plans for 2010. 
  • More travelling of course.  We have already booked and paid for our trip to Disneyworld and I'm sure there will be many local trips too.
  • I'm also planning on building this little blog of mine a little bit more. 
  • My house will finally become a home again.  After 4 1/2 years of living here... pictures will go on the wall.  I'm also determined to all these things without going into debt.  Frugal should have been my little name (instead of Bette).
  • This will be the year that I lose weight!!  hmmm... I think I've said that every year since 1998 - the year my first daughter was born.
I hope that 2010 brings you all that your heart desires.  What are your BIG plans for 2010?  What do you want to remember 2010 for?  I'd love to hear...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails