Thursday, December 10, 2009

Robin's Hash Brown Casserole

This is my standard holiday potatoe casserole. I've made it for Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas so many times that I've loss count. Around the holidays I always get a few phone calls and e-mails asking me for the recipe. I've joked that I'm going to start charging money for it.

Just to clarify, my name is not Robin; but originally this recipe was introduced to me about 13 years by my good friend Robin. So here it is... Free!

ROBIN'S HASH BROWN CASSEROLE

  • Bag of Hash Browns
  • 1 cup of Sour Cream ( I don't like the fat-free)
  • 2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
  • 3 cups of cheddar cheese, grated (save some for sprinkling on top)
  • 1 onion, diced
  • salt & pepper

Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl mix all the ingredients above. I usually add 1 tbsp of pepper, because I like it "peppery". Spread the mixture in glass 9x 13 dish. Sprinkle some extra cheese on top. Bake in oven uncovered for 60 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails